Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  GalleryGallery  MemberlistMemberlist  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  

Share | 

The Powers That Be

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NewCrane

PostSubject: The Powers That Be   Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 am

Does anyone remember there being a sitcom called "The powers that be" that DHP acted in before Frasier? It was really short-lived but DHP was hilarious in it. It would be great if there was some way to watch it online.. It used to be on youtube but has since been removed I think Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:41 am

I've never heard of it! I'll need to have a search later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasos

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 am

Ok, im not sure if I'm thinking of the same show, but I did see a show (can't remember where) that involved DHP. I know it was made before Frasier and it was shown to the producers of (the newly developing show called) Frasier. They found DHPs appearance so appropriate that they decided to give Frasier a brother......at least, that's the story I read.

In the video I saw, DHP was unsuccessfully trying to kill himself....believe it or not, very funny! Am I talking about the same show you folks are?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasos

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 am

Ok, I found the clip on YouTube. It's called The Powers that Be.....Theodore Van Horne's suicidal tendancies

http://youtu.be/7EHwtbUKSK4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:46 pm

That's hilarious! I can see why they chose him to play Niles. There's a lot of Niles in that character already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasos

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:27 am

I thoroughly agree Patrick. It's a very revealing series of scenes. David Hyde Pierce was clearly a very talented and charismatic comic actor. His resemblance to Kelsey Grammer sealed the deal. My observation is that, as the actors of this show were assembled, it's as if the scripts started to write themselves (in a sense)....perhaps what I mean is that the characters started to create themselves. I will say this, when Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney ever appeared together - just the three of them- for me, the show went to another level. Some of my most memorable moments of Frasier involved these three actors. They were consumate. Exquisite. The chemistry was extraordinary. Each performer brought with them much more than the ability to act well.

Slightly off topic but, I'm so glad that these people appeared to like one another in real life. I know it was a show. I know they were actors but, part of me loves the idea that I can believe....

What a show. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathflute

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:20 am

I'm interested in watching this sitcom, but I have no idea where to do it. I've looked everywhere. Any ideas?

Also, I'm a new member and glad to see that so many people love discussing Frasier!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Tasos wrote:
I thoroughly agree Patrick. It's a very revealing series of scenes. David Hyde Pierce was clearly a very talented and charismatic comic actor. His resemblance to Kelsey Grammer sealed the deal. My observation is that, as the actors of this show were assembled, it's as if the scripts started to write themselves (in a sense)....perhaps what I mean is that the characters started to create themselves. I will say this, when Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney ever appeared together - just the three of them- for me, the show went to another level. Some of my most memorable moments of Frasier involved these three actors. They were consumate. Exquisite. The chemistry was extraordinary. Each performer brought with them much more than the ability to act well.

Slightly off topic but, I'm so glad that these people appeared to like one another in real life. I know it was a show. I know they were actors but, part of me loves the idea that I can believe....

What a show. :-)

I am glad that it wasn't like with Shelley Long in Cheers, where everybody hated her...

They almost changed the song for her... it would have ended like this "...where everybody hates your guts."

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Powers That Be   

Back to top Go down

The Powers That Be
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frasier Fan Club :: Discuss the Show :: Frasier - Cast, Crew, Episodes etc-
Jump to: